Thursday 20 March 2008

Turning 2.0 Season 3 Chapter 8 : Leaving On A Jet Plan (Chantal What's-Her-Name)

Previously:
After the trip back to Kuching ended with an odd handshake, Naza (which means me) struggle to get my senses back. This was supposed to be posted a long time ago..so my apologies. Back to Turning 2.0.

"The past will always be there. And the past will never change. The only thing we can do is try and change the present for a better future. The only thing we can do is try to enjoy the present and find a silver lining in everything we encounter. Blessing in disguise, as some might say. I am counting my blessings everyday"



After one of the most stupid moments in my life, I could not help but to feel like a complete moron. As I walked towards my plane, all I could say to myself was stupid, stupid, stupid. I could not believe I just bid farewell to Caitlyn by shaking her hand. I might as well typed out a certificate that said “Goodbye, farewell” or give her a postcard that said “Best of luck”. To come to think of it, those two ideas would have been more appropriate than a hand shake.

The flight from Kuching to Kuala Lumpur

Departing at the new Kuching airport, it began to hit me on how my trip back to Kuching ended up to be everything I didn’t expect it to be but somehow it still felt wonderful. I didn’t expect to start something with Caitlyn when I came back. I did expect to start a relationship but what I had in mind was a relationship with my real father’s family. Something that I did not manage to accomplish. I didn’t expect to meet Jerry and Azeezul and hang out with them every night, but I’m glad that it did happen. I certainly did not expect to gain 5kg cause my cousin told me were going jogging every morning. The 5kg happened but the jogging never once occurred. However, in the flight from Kuching to Kuala Lumpur, I knew that somehow, I managed to accomplish something this time around. I guessed I did achieve some personal growth.

As the flight took off, I still couldn’t get over the foolish hand shake. Stupid, stupid me.

As I arrived at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, my eyes wondered around for Ihsan and Iman. We were supposed to be on the same flight. Since it was way too early, I decided to go and grab a bite. Oddly enough, I was not hungry at all. Nothing seemed to be appetizing. At that point, I could have swore that an alien has invaded my body. I didn’t feel hungry which could only mean one thing. I was not myself. How can Naza be not hungry? That just didn’t make any sense. I finally forced myself to chow down a McDonald’s beef burger trying to shoo the alien out.

As I walked around the airport, I couldn’t see anything that was interesting. There was nothing that I wanted to buy. Instead, I spent about half an hour sliding my way from one end of the airport to the other. Then it finally hit me, I need to call my family.

I called my mother first. I told her I arrived at Kuala Lumpur International Airport already and that I was waiting for Ihsan and Iman. She told me that my brother had been crying since he reached home. Ah……..my brother had finally grown up. He had become an adult. The art of not showing your emotion in front of others had been mastered. Sigh. My mother put my brother on the line and I talked to him for about a few minutes. After a while, he stopped sobbing. Then I talked to my sister. She seemed to be dealing with the whole departure better than my brother. Next person I called was Caitlyn. After the odd goodbye, the conversation was awkward. I said something and she said something. Words were exchanged but the only thing that was still lingering my mind was the stupid hand shake. Stupid, stupid me.

As my flight was about to board, I said my goodbye and went to the departure gate. Still no signs of Iman and Ihsan. Where the hell are they, I said to myself.

The flight from Kuala Lumpur to Narita International Airport

After boarding the plane, I anxiously waited for the departure. As I sat in the plane, my eyes still wondered around for Ihsan and Iman. While looking for them, a thought finally hit me. I could not believe that I was going back to Japan and would be starting my second semester in university. Before I went back to Malaysia, I promised myself one thing. And that was I was going to have enough rest this whole summer back at my home town and by the time I returned to Japan, I would be ready to go to take the university by storm. I was determined to make the best out of my second semester.

The flight has been delayed for slightly 20 minutes. Apparently one of the passengers had not got on the flight. I was becoming more and more worried. Could it be that Iman or Ihsan missed the flight? My eyes began to wonder around even more. I finally caught a glimpse of Ihsan. He was also looking around. Could this mean that Iman missed the flight, I thought to myself. I was becoming more and more uneasy. Finally, I had enough and decided to get off my seat. I decided to go and ask Ihsan personally whether he had seen Iman or not. Something I should have done a long time ago since I boarded the flight. I went over and noticed his eyes were shut. In order to get his attention, I did what any sane man would do. I pinched his nose. He seemed slightly annoyed but what can I say, I was doing what anyone would expect Naza to do. LOL. I asked him about Iman and he said that Iman was sitting behind.

Feeling much more relaxed, I returned to my seat. The passenger who was late finally arrived and the flight could finally take off. As the flight took off, my mind started to wonder off. I was looking forward to my return to Japan. More importantly, I was looking forward to my return to prominence.

No comments: