Monday 12 November 2007

God's Gift To Everyone : Potential

Yesterday, while doing nothing, I decided to pick up a book and read. I borrowed a book (well, not actually borrowed. I made a deal with a teacher/friend in my university. He enjoys reading so much that he reads like two to three books a week. I, on the other hand, is not such a huge fan of reading. In fact to come to think of it, apart from text books...I don't really ready anything else except for the foolish programme NILAM that they introduced in high school last time which got me started on Wishbones and Bookworm. However, ever since meeting Clyde, the guy mentioned above, he got me into reading this book entitled Freakonomics. Interesting book. I don't necessarily agree with everything but still it offered a different perspective. After reading that book, I decided that I want to read more. So I made a deal with Clyde. I agreed to pay a quarter for the books he bought and I will get to keep it as long as I have not finished reading the book. A good deal since..1) I have to pay, so I am more inclined to read...2) since the book is still not mine, I will not shove it into some shelves as a gift to the spiders..So yeah, where were I...owh that's right..I was talking about the book. I borrowed a book) entitled Secrets Of The Millionaire Mind.

This book mentioned about how the rich people think and to be honest with you, I have never been so impressed in my life. Half of what was mentioned in the book (half cause I only read half. Plan to finish it tomorow though) got me thinking "damn, if only I found this book earlier, I wouldnt be in such deep financial poop". The part that got me going the most was the part that mentioned how our financial blueprint in this little head of ours was actually programmed from the day we can understand the world. It mentioned that if we were to grow up with a negative conotation of money, we would most probably be broke. Cause since we link money with the root of all evil (as Karl Marx would say it), automaticaly we refuse to be rich cause no human being in their right mind would want to be someone they hate. So after reading half the book, I began to realize that I spend just like my mother. We have the same financial blueprint. The "here today, gone tomorow" financial blue print. It does not matter how much I make, I would still lose all the money because that was how I was programmed. Upon reading that, I realized I need to reprogramme myself.

The second thing that was written in the book didn't really surprise me that much. It said that all complainers are garbage collectors. That I knew a long time already...Most people that complain are usually bottom feeders. But the one thing that impressed me was the explaination that the book gave. It all had to do with the Law of Attraction. If we're complaining about crap, which makes us crappy, what are we going to attract? Surprise, surprise...more crap. LOL. How insightful. That explains why whiners usually attract each other.

The last thing that was mentioned in the last pages of half of the book I read made me realize one thing. God has given everyone something special. A potential. This potential can be something beautiful but only and if only, we groom it to be beautiful. If we leave it untouch, it will forever be rough and wasted. Anyone who refused to develop this gift of theirs is selfish. Only through understanding your gift and realizing your potential, you can start to feel fulfillemnt and be content cause finally, you are giving back to the society. After reading that, I realized what is my next move already. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

orilia said...

wow that's a very nice book. =D